The Designing Chica culturally-inspired paint kits are geared toward kids ages 10+ and they make great gifts.
This paint kit is dedicated to all the chingonas of the world. .
From a 2019 study on Chingona identity, by Celia Orosco Haro, from Humboldt State University:
A Chingona in this newly reclaimed use means a woman who embodies confidence, acceptance of self, reclamation of sexuality, siguiendo le adelante por su propio camino sin importarle lo que digan los demás, rejects social and cultural norms/expectations of women, and uses her strengths to empower and uplift others. Through the reclamation of this identity, these mujeres are moving beyond being hijas de la chingada to being Chingonas.
THE KIT FEATURES:
• 1 Illustration art piece by The Designing Chica on an 8×10 un-stretched canvas.
• 2 brushes
• 13 acrylic paints*
• Simple instructions
YOU WILL NEED:
• Set aside at least two hours to complete your painting.
• One cup of water to wash brushes between colors.
• Construction paper or newspaper to keep your workspace clean.
• A paper towel, rag or napkin for drying brushes.
• Toothpicks for stirring paints or to fix minor mistakes.
• A fun clip board to paint on.
• A lovely frame to display your masterpiece.
*Each sets comes with 6 primary paint colors, 6 bright and exciting colors, 1 silver glitter paint, a flat brush for large surfaces, and a pointed for details. Each paint pot is 5 ml, for a total of about 22 oz of paint per set!